Monday, February 3, 2014

The Things I Like/Dislike

I adore the melody of dripping water. Droplets so small to mean anything. Water precipitated from the sky or from the protruding pipes of my apartment—the consistent tempo that soothes my mind.

Whilst still on the topic of water, I love the vast borderless ocean. What mysteries it has installed in its belly’s deep? 

I hate people who smoke in confined places. It reminds me of the annual haze my countrymen suffer because certain parties are too ignorant to be accountable for their actions.

I find displeasure with paper cuts. It is like an ant’s sting—nowhere near fatal but the lingering pain is the bane of my soul.

I admire the ‘me’ that yearns for adventure, romance and the unpredictable. At times this ‘me’ serves me well in exploring new challenging things; but I resent the ‘me’ that is afraid of failure and rejection.

I find the words plucked from heartstrings most delightful.

I hate vegetables, horror movies, racist, child-abusers, one-night stand relationships, bootlickers, skin deep beauty, narrow-minded two-faced haters, heart-breakers, and ignorance.   

I hate monotony.

Right now, I have a love/hate relationship with the snow outside.

2 comments:

  1. A lot to like here. I feel like you're aping the style of Shonagon and that makes some of these sound high-falutin, but not necessarily in a bad way. Artful.

    Right now, the back-and-forth between things you like and things you don't isn't adding much, except in the "failure" paragraph. That shows some conflict.

    How could you rearrange these so that the sum is more than the parts? Can you tell a cohesive story with these? Can you tell us something about you with the arrangement?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I find it funny that you like the sound of dripping water. I absolutely hate it. We have this leaky faucet at my house and it literally makes me insane. If I take a bath I can feel it constantly dripping on my toes and I typically cut the bath short.

    ReplyDelete