Friday, February 21, 2014

Still Motion

Play. Stop. Repeat.
Cool, this part looks great! This is going to be awesome.
Pause. Trim. Play.
Perfect! I even got her good angle. The lighting might be too bright though. Might need to edit that later.
Play. Stop. Delete.
What is that?! Who is that creep behind her?! Is he…ugh!   
Delete! Delete! Delete!
Alright, now to add the music
Play. Pause. Play.
Hmm, this song is catchy. I wonder who sang this…Cher Lloyd?! Let’s see how her music video looks like…
Play .STOP. CANCEL!
Ugh! The music isn’t syncing with her lips! Where’s the other clip?! I thought I’ve saved it! AHHH!!!!
Play. Stop. Play.
It’s almost 3 AM. Would anyone really appreciate this? 
Render. Render. Render.
JOSH! YOU’RE AN IDIOT! YOU MISSED THE POOL SCENE!
Save. Export. Render.
It's done...It''s finally done!
Play... Repeat... Pause.....
*sigh* Someday I won’t remember the searing pain from climbing down metal ladders under the scorching sun; or the sweat I dripped trying to capture the perfect scene; or even the meal of instant noodles while I sat soaked with laughter...Memories like all other memories will fade.  But, I want to preserve these moments -- the quirky smiles, the stream-like moves, the people. 
I want to remember.  
And when my memory becomes hazy, and the frames begin to fast-forward; I hope this treasury of clips will make time stand still. 
Just for a second.     
End.

2 comments:

  1. Josh. Josh. Josh.
    Your video making skills are AMAZING. LITERALLY THEY ARE AMAZING.
    I like the way you structured your essay. But I want to hear more! Who are the girls in the video? What did they mean to you? It sounds like one girl in particular meant a lot to you, so let's hear about her a little more.
    I like hearing you struggle with the making of the video, as bad as that sounds. But why is it so important that you finished this?

    Great work, as always!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Kourtney,

      Thanks for the feedback. I've made some changes and I know there's more changes to come to make it better. I wanted this piece to portray my feelings on preserving moments from the inevitable fate of losing them one day. So, it's not about the people in the video, but the video itself haha, but I don't know, what do you think?

      Best,
      Joshua L.

      Delete